It has been reported that most domestic violence cases go unreported because victims are not familiar with their rights. Oftentimes, physical abuse is only considered domestic abuse but that’s not true. There are various forms of domestic violence such as emotional abuse, sexual abuse, psychological abuse, etc. So if you are unaware of the sign of an abusive relationship then this blog will clear all your doubts. Dealing with an abusive relationship can be excruciating. That’s why it is best to hire professionals for your help. If you want a way out of your toxic marriage, then hire a domestic violence lawyer Vancouver, BC.
Signs of Abusive Relationships
If you often feel intimidated, frustrated, or humiliated in your relationships then chances are high that you are in an abusive relationship. Some of the common signs of abusive relationships are as follows:
- If your partner is used to humiliating you in any way then it is a red flag in relationships. In a healthy relationship, there is no space for humiliation. Even if your partner disagrees with you then they will try to communicate the same healthily.
- Further, if you are scared in the presence of your partner or you feel relieved when they are not around then it is a sign of an unhealthy relationship.
- Moreover, If you try to defend your partner’s action in front of family and friends or you are extra cautious that nobody notices your partner’s behavior then it is a sign of an abusive relationship.
- Besides, if you purposely avoid topics or subjects, this can make your partner go crazy. In a healthy relationship, communication is key.
- If you feel that you are always being judged or your partner doesn’t appreciate your efforts then it is an abusive relationship.
- Many times victims feel like they deserve the poor treatment. The reason for the same is that their partner has created this mentality that they deserve to be treated like this. That’s the kind of mind game the partner used to play on others to gain control.
- If the one person in a relationship has become emotionally numb then it is a clear-cut sign of emotional abuse.
- Lastly, if you feel suffocated or trapped in the relationship then it is a sign of an abusive relationship.
These are just some of the signs and if you notice the same in your relationship then do not be scared to take necessary actions to save your life.